1. PTA puts children first. PTA brings together parents, teachers, administrators, schoolboard members, and interested citizens to collaborate effectively for all children and youth.
2. PTA’s strength is its membership. When PTA speaks on behalf of all children andtheir families, we are heard from the principal’s office to the White House. PTA members have given over 110 years of service to children, schools and their communities.
3. PTA association meetings and annual district, state and national PTA conventions allow all members to lend their voices in the shaping of PTA policies.
4. PTA bylaws and procedures ensure that each PTA – from the local unit to national – operates democratically, protects the rights of each member and meets governmental non-profit requirements.
5. PTA speaks out for all children at many levels; both locally and nationally. PTA volunteers monitor legislation, testify on bills, and keep members informed of legislative issues effecting children and youth.
6. PTA is often the training ground for its community’s leaders. PTA provides printed materials and workshops on leadership skills, programming, budgeting, and parliamentary and democratic procedures. The effectiveness of any organization is determined by the caliber of its leadership.
7. Assistance to PTAs is always available when problems occur. Experienced leadersat state and district PTA levels are ready to mentor and advise when mismanagementof funds is suspected or personality issues arise.
8. Nevada PTA and National PTA distribute easy to use reference guides withvaluable leadership, financial, membership and program information to each PTA. PTA leaders also have access to informative quartley e-news articles.
9. PTA promotes PTA activities, advocacy efforts and membership through news releases and public service announcements.
10. National PTA, through government and foundation grants, develops needed research and programming in vital areas such as parenting, drug and alcohol abuse, critical television viewing skills, comprehensive health education and the arts.
11. Nevada PTA provides insurance coverage, including General Liability, Workers Compensation, Directors and Officers and Bonding for an annual cost ofabout $160 to PTA units.
12. Nevada PTA provides federal income tax exemption through the Internal Revenue Service for its constituent organizations – all unit, council and district PTAs. PTAs maintain non-profit 501(c)(3) status at no cost due to their affiliation with Nevada PTA.